• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 Upgrades - Step 1 - Tires...

Hooty481

looooooks goooooood.... getting ready to put the same thing on my truck. I will more than likely just use the 5-ton combat rims unless i find a really good deal on the fmtv wheels and tires already mounted

Makincold

Is it the same bolt pattern or do you have to dismount/remount them on 5 ton rims?
Everything I found here on COUNTLESS hours of searching as well as comments from where I bought them is "bolt them on and go"
I hope thats the case...
But rest assured you will will read about and see my results here
and see the results at the GA rally ! :D

Makincold

The fenders between rear axle 1 and the fuel tank will have to be moved forward
Adding a cut down deuce bed which will have the rear mud flaps

Makincold

The big wheels sure make a difference in the look of the truck quick.
They really do! It's like driving a whole new truck, I didn't know an M818 could feel so " nimble" to drive
The gearing all seems perfect now
Before it seemed sluggish but now that's all gone
I need to drop a little air out of the fronts, is at 80psi and I think I'll try 70 psi and try to smooth out the ride a bit
The steering gear needs a bit of tightening too, I know I read some threads about that and need to dig them up

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks