• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mud flap thread?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did a search. Someone had a thread where they found the bracketts and the bar with the corect offset that will fit my 818 from NAPA. Thanks

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Ive built some for the M818's , just bolt a peice of steel flat bar from Lowes on each side of the frame , go to a truck dealer or Fleet Pride and pick up a set of brackets and hangers then add your flaps. Bolt the mud flap hanger holder to the flat bar. Get tough flaps though , cheap ones just sail like a bed sheet even with weights added.

Very simple and can be done in half a hour with simple tools and look Great.

Last edited:

4x4e350

4x4e350 the flaps look good and I like the receiver set up. Are you running a three point hitch too?
Thanks. The center reciever bar is attached to the truck by a reciever on each side, that is just so it can be removed, and I can use the pintle hitch, so no it does not have a 3 pt hitch.

Real nice setup 4x4.What do you use for civy trailer wiring?
I just use LED tail lights, they can be used for both 12 and 24 volts, for the side markers I just replace the 12 v bulbs with 24 v bulbs I got from Bulbsdirect for 88 cents a piece. I just ordered a Tekonsha P3 brake controller, I am going to hook up through the 12 v converter I already have in the truck.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought Betts mud flap hangers for my M818. The local distributor is Weldon truck parts The frame mount K750 fits some existing frame holes and installation is easy.

The B86 kit is the mud flap hanger buy the K750 frame mount. You can use the frame mounts that come with the kit, but you have to drill holes. You can get mud flaps for about $8:00 each for the cheap ones.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks