• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics for Raeme

3dAngus

Is it me getting old, getting tired, getting senile, getting soft or what.

I never even noticed these things back in my Vietnam days.

But that truck is beautiful!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
yep a CCKW, don't remember seeing a van like that, a lot looked like a 109, but not a blank side, or a box that big

raeme

Ok, here it is. 1944 CCKW Workshop van or tool box to you yanks, it was brought back from europe after germany finished to go to the islands for the Australian Army 2 Motor Div Tech Support Esecholon. It never got there, never left Sydney. It was with an Army reseve unit and sold at auction in 1958. I found it in a shed where it sat rusting until I got it. The original van was DEAD so I looked all over Australia for one, but zip. I settled for a 14 ftx7ft to make a camper out of it. It has a Detroit 3-53T w/ 545 Allison and air/hydo brakes. IT IS a complete rebuild, Engineer certifide and soon to have full DMV aprovel .IT took 2 years to work on. More if you ask. Thank You .
raeme.:D

raeme

The Left hand drive is optional, it first began in England in ww2 because we drive on the other side of the road. We put it on just to keep the young lawmakers of our backs.
raeme.:cookoo:

nattieleather

I would like to see more of the engine and the transmission set up. I would also be interested in the camper part. The only thing about a camper that would bother me is not having any windows. But it looks like a very nice truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks