• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

please help w/ a dumb ?.. How can I get more black smoke fro

Marineforceone

Hey all, new to the forum.. and just got my deuce... love the truck and it makes the lifted boys feel small... lol Anyways, I have a buddy w/ a cummins in his dodge and he added duel stacks... its loud and blows black smoke... is there anything I can do to make mine smoke more? I have a C turbo and the engine was a rebuild in late 70's. Any way to make it louder too? Hope someone can help me out... Hate being the big boy on the block, but not the badest.. lol friendly competion.... wonder why they look at me funny when i get the rope and ask for a pull.... lol

Monster Man

well, you could take the turbo off. Won't lose much power, the only reason they added the turbo was because the NA motors belched such a large amount of black smoke :)

you could also cut your stack way down, but damn, don't know why you'd want it any louder, I can't stand the noise mine makes though it is fun at certain times hehehe
there's no muffler on the turbo trucks, maybe cut it at the U under the front fender and just blow it out the fenderwell

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last week during my visit with Kenny, he dumped a 6.2 liter CUCV engine in my lap. He is just too generous that man! :smilewinkgrin:
Anyway, my son now has a new toy and wants to install it in his M37. Noticed that spicergear has an M715 with the same engine, if I read his profile correctly, my question is what transmission are you (is he) using?

spicergear

I have to rebuild this, but it's a NV4500 from a 2wd Chevy. Didn't feel like finding the proper aluminum bell with juice clutch so I modified the tranny and a Lakewood Scattershield to work.

This is where the motor is going to be. I've got the mounts in. I like the fit.

HA, I JUST FOUND MY SMALL VISE GRIPS!!! They're holding the Taurus 2 speed fan to the rad mount!

Desert Rat

SG,
If you look closely you might even find a pair of lost wire snips too. Just trying to help....

spicergear

Heh,heh...the snips are around. See the 32630 on the valve cover? It was pulled at 36###. The motor has under 5,000 miles on it. Should last a long time.

Dieselsmoke

Black smoke is unburned fuel...in other words wasted fuel. To get that you increase fuel delivery into the cylinders, which also results in additional heat and without a pyrometer to monitor exhaust temeratures you're asking for trouble :skull: Adding fuel will also increase manifold pressures and the head gaskets on these motors are not all that strong. Black smoke can also get you into trouble with the fuzz too :nono: Of course I should be the last one to be lecturing about black smoke when my pickup can shut down a freeway :rolleyes: :p :yeah:

spicergear

After I got the CAT V8 into my truck it was a lot of idling around or pulling on stuff around the farm. The exhaust was gradually getting lighter and lighter looking like white smoke and I noticed oily droplets on the cab. I though I might have an overfueling or timing issue with the motor. I wasn't happy. I got the first big load of logs on the truck, 10,100# Red Oak, and drove the 6 or 8 miles to the saw mill. This is central PA, you work hard to find 100yrds of flat ground. The truck ran better and better the more I drove. When I got the the sawmill, you could only seat heat coming out of the pipes, no smoke whatsoever. It has run better every time I drive it loaded and make it work. I don't really get any black smoke to speak of when driving it even when I hammer it.

ICEMAN71

guys, when i start seeing lots of black smoke coming from a duece i start checking for injector or pump trouble, especialy if its a turbo multifuel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks