• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

used WVO.....I think

rizzo

I've gotten some oil or maybe grease from some places here in town. I don't think it will work cause it is like crisco at room temp. Am I right?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want to use 100% WVO, it must be heated to about 160°F by the time it hits the IP.
If you want to blend it with diesel, it should be like a cooking oil at room temp.
In your case, it can always be converted to biodiesel by processing with methanol and lye.

reblawyer

I've been running some mixed with diesel and had great success. I do filter through denim, a pain, but it makes me feel secure in the purity.

reblawyer

Meant to say "running some wvo from the local chinese place". Its pretty viscous so I have to heat to at least 120 to filter but its great adding 20% of it to my diesel, cuts down on the heavy exhaust fumes too.

rizzo

Re: RE: used WVO.....I think

reblawyer said:
Meant to say "running some wvo from the local chinese place". Its pretty viscous so I have to heat to at least 120 to filter but its great adding 20% of it to my diesel, cuts down on the heavy exhaust fumes too.
grease or oil?

reblawyer

RE: Re: RE: used WVO.....I think

Rizzo, Sorry for taking so long to reply, been out and about. It is actually oil, the kind they use for wontons and egg rolls and the like.

rizzo

I found out that the Mexican place is using oil, but they had some grease mixed in because someone ordered the wrong stuff.

I added 5 gal of filtered WVO to my 1008 yesterday and it rand great all day. Started hard this morning. I filled up on diesel and found out that I had a 50 -50 mixture. I think I also had some of the grease mixed in too. I am doing some organizing and get things straightened around so that I only use the oil. I am going to start making bio soon.

reblawyer

Once your'e into the bio you will probably good to go in all conditions. I'm going to stick with using the oil, right now and doing a little engineering on my whole heated tank system, from free or cheap parts.

CCATLETT1984

Re: RE: Re: RE: used WVO.....I think

rizzo said:
I found out that the Mexican place is using oil, but they had some grease mixed in because someone ordered the wrong stuff.

I added 5 gal of filtered WVO to my 1008 yesterday and it rand great all day. Started hard this morning. I filled up on diesel and found out that I had a 50 -50 mixture. I think I also had some of the grease mixed in too. I am doing some organizing and get things straightened around so that I only use the oil. I am going to start making bio soon.
I have my setup almost done, just need to make the time to finish wiring the pump and secure a few fittings. then it's off to get some oil and lye.

rizzo

Re: RE: Re: RE: used WVO.....I think

CCATLETT1984 said:
rizzo said:

I have my setup almost done, just need to make the time to finish wiring the pump and secure a few fittings. then it's off to get some oil and lye.
lets compare notes. I'm going to start looking for the ingrediants next week after my bog on the 11th. I will PM you with what I found, how much and where.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks