• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone set up a Medium Maintenance Tent?

NEIOWA

Working on setting up to house a Fire Dept tanker truck project. Obtained approx 200ft of new in crate from Sam. TM says 8men 5hr to set up 40ft unit so I think I'm pretty slick setting up the frame with no assistance or machinery.

So today I decide to add canvas. One Intermed section took about 3hr. 3more and 2 ends and set of insulated liners to go.

Anyone with experience setting these up have any helpful hints for hopeful heros?

The pulling canvas across the purlins with ropes, single handed, is not so slick.

Many of these in full time use in motorpools when I was on active duty but was not my area. I still like these as a housing solution for us and price is right.

This photo look like fun?

Attachments

NEIOWA

I suppose as govliquidation throws huge piles of the various components in as large lots. But they do everything a GP doesn't do. Ours, obviously were free, as to FD. Took some work to get donation of backhaul transport of the covers/liners from Norfolk Va to Iowa.

Recently there were about 1/2mi of intermed frame sections that went thru DRMO Mechanicsburg.

DrFoster

I've built them once in Eastern Africa when I was enlisted around 95 in the Corps. We had 8 Marines, built the frames, taped off "snag points" and then pulled the canvas over the top from one side using a 5-ton to stand on and ropes at the other side.

It's not easy, and I can only tell you that time and trials will make it faster. Asseemble it and cover it in sections from the top down.

Towman2277

I wonder what the durability factor is on these?? I was in Beirut for a short period of time, and I remember seeing three outside in the elements, for what appeared to be a LONG time!

NEIOWA

Active duty there were units that were up for years (ond when I arrived and still in use when I ETS 3.5yr later).

2nd section of canvas much easier/quicker to pull across as I went over the 1st rather than across the purlins.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Does anyone have the manual for these that they can post or PM. I got one in the crates that I started to erect this morning. Found out I have everything but the crate with the door parts and the manual. HELP!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks