• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super Power Washer Sale - Ridgid

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been looking for a power washer to use as a sand blaster, hate the dust, I was in Home Depot yesterday and they have changed out their displays, one of the changes is the Ridgid 3000 psi washer, retailed for $599 I got it for $400! It has a Subaru 6 horse engine and a cat triplex pump, all really good options! There is only one per store so if you are in the market this is a top ranked machine!
James

Attachments

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am going to get it running tomorrow, then I start looking for a good sturdy sand blaster attachment, I have a pot, I just need the wand attachment.

Stalwart

The pressure is good for such a small unit but I SUSPECT you'll be lacking the needed flow (in GPM) to have it work efficiently. I could easily be WRONG!

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's rated at 2.6 gpm @ 3000psi, I have a friend who uses an electric at 1600 psi and his does pretty well with less flow, I will know for sure as soon as I find a decent sandblasting attachment.

goldneagle

The pressure is good for such a small unit but I SUSPECT you'll be lacking the needed flow (in GPM) to have it work efficiently. I could easily be WRONG!
When I used to do commercial painting I had a 3000 PSI Belt dive pressure washer that had 3 rpm flow. I used a rotary 0 degree tip to strip flaking paint off of block walls. The unit had a 13HP Honda Engine.

Stalwart

I use a rotary tip on my 3000 psi 6 gpm unit, sometimes it wants to suck the supply hose flat. Mine uses a gear reduction unit rather than belts, it makes it a bit smaller. They don't seem to make them any more, belts and pulleys are cheaper than gearboxes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks