• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dammit! Missed another deal!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't believe it. The new Valley Trader came out yesterday at 1200, bought a copy at 1700. Called on a "Army Equipment Trailer" listed for $300 obo about 30 miles from me. Called at 1730, I was the first caller on the trailer. 7.50x20 tires, a little surface rust, no holes. From the description the owner gave me, it sounded like a Ben Hur trailer from WWII, with a bomb hoist attached in the bed for lifting things. Told the man I'd be out early Wed. morning about 0800 to take a look at the trailer. Called him on the road to his place this morning at 0750, and someone showed up late last night and already took it.

Why the f*** can't I ever get the good deals on things I want? The sad part is that the buyer is probably some hillbilly who is going to use the trailer for moving junk or firewood, and this piece of history will end up rusted out and beat to s**t, and unsalvagable, in a few years from being tortured. Sigh.

Don't know why I bother looking. I should deal in something less addictive...

Towman2277

I have learned from horse trading here and there, that when you see a deal, complete the transaction IMMEDIATELY!! If you wait, the next guy will come along, give em' a call, or they could decide not to sell it at all!! Good luck on hunting you one, keep it up, you'll find what you want!

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That definitely sucks... But just think of it this way: Someone probably posted it to another forum/list as an act of good will and, bless their hearts, they informed someone else about it who was then able to get to it first... :roll:

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
CUCVFAN said:
That definitely sucks... But just think of it this way: Someone probably posted it to another forum/list as an act of good will and, bless their hearts, they informed someone else about it who was then able to get to it first... :roll:

just let it go

ida34

Armada said:
I feel your pain. Same thing happen to me recently. Read about the M101 for sale in Dayton.
Paul I figured you would chime in on this one. I think it was cruel an unusual having to see it a week later with the price going up 100%.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks