• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

two more questions about heater

Monster Man

I am about to order up a kit, and wanted to know a) if it really was worth it. WITH the winter cover over the radiator, what is the real world time before you see any heat in the cab? I want the NOS kit partly because it is a "correct" install, partly because I have found no other good alternatives to cab heating (stay tuned for my review on a Coleman catalytic heater [:(!] )

But, I do want heat. I'm not looking to drive around with no coat on, but as long as I can't see my breath and don't have to wear gloves and don't have to keep wiping off the fog from the windows I'll be happy. As noted, those with winter covers, how well do they work versus no covers?

and b) what's that little scoop for on the heater inlet hole. My truck has no scoop, does that come with the heater kit to direct air into the blower?

It's a pricey investment, but I'm sick of chattering teeth on my way to work :mad: :boxer:

Desert Rat

MM,
I swapped a rag top for a steel top on my truck and it made a substantial difference in the cab retaining heat from the heater. With the rag top my feet and the windshield were warm. With the steel top everything is toasty and comfortable. The radiator covers work just like they should, insulated to prevent thermal transfer, and very effective. The side scoop assists the blower in more effective heat circulation. Yet I have seen Deuces without the scoop too.

da_sgt

Thats right DR [thumbzup] I stay nice and cozy with my hard top and heater [^] In addition to the grill cover I also have the hood blanket, although I have never needed them yet I thought is was just one of those must haves :cool: Most deuces I have seen without the "scoop" lack the heaters. It is a must have so the blower works [thumbzup] Kinda like "Ram" induction ;-)

Westech

CPL
I have a 69 m35 and I just rebuilt the top half of the engine. Even with out the winter cover or anything up front after about 15 min driving its nice and warm in the cab. The heater is 100% worth it in my book. o and is about 10 -20 out duing the day and 5 or so at night and it still warm inside) :yeah:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks