• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Deuce in the Desert

JDToumanian

Here's a link to a YouTube clip of my deuce and I having fun out in the desert last weekend...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbEdK62SLp8

I was going down through that sandy wash to get around a dirt-fill bridge that I caused to collapse the previous day... The weight of the deuce caused a landslide, and I would have slid sideways into the canyon if it weren't for the large drain pipe as you can see. It may not be dignified to be pulled out by a Toyota and a Bronco, but it beat paying for a tow!

Regards,
Jon

Attachments

JDToumanian

The front tires were at 25psi and the rears were at 20. I was afraid to go much lower because they are so old and rotten, I thought they might fail from flexing too much. I doubt lowering them more would have made any difference in regards to my getting stuck on the "bridge"... The sand was so soft and unpacked. The pictures do not really show what a large landslide it was, literally half the road slid out from under me and went into the wash. I was lucky.

Regards,
Jon

ida34

I was thinking lower pressure would have helped on that hill you had to back down. It gave me flashbacks from the first gulf war. Most of the time I was pulling a full water buffalo. I think we dropped pressure to 10 psi. If we didn't you would get stuck for sure. Going from highway to sand took forever. When you would start the "hop" you knew you were not going forward much farther. I never got so stuck that I could not back it out. It is incredible how the deuce can back away from most stuck situations. I loved the video and wish I could come play. I missed the Silver Lake get together here in Michigan but want to make it next year. Plenty of sand to play in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks