• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing a M35a3

rhuther

I am considering towing a M35A3 with my 2006 F350 diesel crew cab about 250 miles. My truck weighs 12000 lbs. Any cautions or sugestions. Also what is the average auction price for running condition unknown. Thanks Robert

flyxpl

Unkown running condition I would not give more than $3500 . I have seen them sell in the 3200-3500 range . On a trailer it doable . Flat tow that far would be crazy .

Nonotagain

I am considering towing a M35A3 with my 2006 F350 diesel crew cab about 250 miles. My truck weighs 12000 lbs. Any cautions or sugestions. Also what is the average auction price for running condition unknown. Thanks Robert

12,000lbs. GVW, possible. Not 12,000lbs. actual vehicle weight.

As other have stated, trailering possible, flat towing, are you crazy? You won't have brakes and towing a 13,000 lb truck with no brakes will allow for your nomination to the Darwin Awards.

Jake0147

Agreed. 12,000 is about what our F550 wreckers weigh, and all the wrecker stuff weighs as much as the trucks we stick them on. Assuming that we're discussing a pickup truck here, you're talking 7000 pounds tops. 12K is a very reasonable GVWR, (gross vehicle plus load) which you'll find on the door jamb sticker.

An empty one ton pickup will move a deuce with a stiff hitch. It will not do it well, and if/when the front wheels flip (search the archives about this, when/where/how common it is), you will not simply destroy the tires on the towed vehicle, the towed vehicle will follow it's own wheels and take you with it.

If you've got a properly sized wagon (not much room for overkill, and obviously underkill is no good), you can set that up on a gooseneck/fifth wheel arrangement without leaving any comfort zones, but you'll want to be on top of your registered weights and all that, and you'll be balancing it pretty careful to get the weight where it needs to be.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks