• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bantan trailer differences: mil/civilian

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can anyone tell me if a civilian Bantam trailer (BT-3/TC-3) frame is the same size as the military version? I guess it comes down to could you put on a military bed on the civilian frame and swap on a lunette and have it look origional?

FrankUSMC

The first Bantam trailers made after the war, were made from lift over stock. So, yes to all your quistons.
I had one that was listed as a 1946 and it was a WWII trailer with a factory cut tail gate in it. It had the civilian hitch and data plate. The wheels were WWII combat rims, and the body still had the drain plugs. Great trailers.
One of the few, Frank

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks