• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wehring's Dual Fuel Lines

wehring

Thanks to Franz, Elgin and my good friend Mitch "tube wizard" Sweeny, the dual fuel line conversion is done. Stainless lines and fittings.

The air compressor is now feeding off of the positive pressure side.

Now I need to change out the aneroid diaphram on the IP. In the last picture there are two bolts with colored arrows. Which color do I need to remove to remove the IP? I think the green arrow but I would like for you to confirm.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remove 4 12 point bolts that go into the compressor. There will be a triangle shaped cover on the back side of the pump. Remove the 3, 1/4 inch capscrews and the cover will come off. There will be a red, orange or black rubber lookin' thing with a nut in the middle. You can pull the whole assembly out. DO NOT use any tool on the shaft. Grip it on the steel cup and take the nut off. Remove the diaphragm, install the new one and put a drop of loctite on the threads. Let it set up a bit, be careful not to get loctite on the shaft. Use a cleaner that dries fast and leaves no residue, like electronic cleaner, on the shaft and the hole it goes into. put a drop or two of MMO or equiv. on the shaft, put it in the hole, give it a rotation and re assemble the unit.

Justin, if you have questions, call me.

Bighurt

Justin did you bend the line as you went (test fit remove bend, test fit reove bend, etc.) or did you have a template?

wehring

line

Thanks Will. I will fix it tomorrow. Stand by for the drama call.

A good friend that hand-builds gas panels at NASA came over and knocked it out in about 30 min. He is a wizard at bending tubing. No template.

Justin Wehing
979 997 3112

wehring

ask

I can ask but he has usually had enough of tubing at the end of each day. He did this for me as a friend.

What will you guys be willing to pay for a line?

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

frodobaggins

Ok, you are going to have to help me out here. I don't understand what you did. Says something about dual fuel but I only see one line. Edumacate me.

Bighurt

Ok, you are going to have to help me out here. I don't understand what you did. Says something about dual fuel but I only see one line. Edumacate me.
The primary line runs to the rear, the additional second line he added goes to the front. Turns out Cummins had the idea the army just never implemented it...

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
On a lot of 855s, cummins only had ONE fuel, and ONE return, I have seen both go in the front, both to the rear and one to the rear, one to the front, think it depended on application and what else was going on with the engine. I guess if you wanted to get real anal about fuel feed, you could run a line to each end of each head to guarantee no pressure loss or difference.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks