• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Four Door Toy Hauler.

4x4e350

After the 4 door conversion, and then adding the 14x20 tires, I enjoyed driving the truck so much, I decided to make it a toy hauler also. I added a 5th wheel civilian hitch under the flat bed, so I could tow my 5th wheel camper, I still need to finish the cover.
My plan was to double tow a jeep behind the 5th wheel, plus I had to lift the 5er up 8" to tow level with the 5 ton, so I added a 8" I-beam above the axles, plus added a 3rd axle to give me better weight capacity, better flotation, and another set of brakes. I will be extending the frame forward of that all the way up to the 5th wheel pin with 4" channel. I want the camper to be able to handle the 5 tons stiff suspension, plus the added weight of the jeep behind it.
My plan is to make the camper fully self contained, with eventually adding a retractable wind generator, and solar panels.

Attachments

4x4e350

That is very cool!...How much time you have in that?
Thanks, a few weekends so far, I should have the trailers frame completed this next weekend.

Very nice job with that unit. Do you have electric trailer brakes set up on the truck for the trailers?
Thanks. Not yet, but I already have a 24 to 12 volt converter, so I will be running relays off of that, controlled from the 24 volt electricals.

Dave08

Outstanding job. does not appear that you will have problems when everything goes to He** in a handbasket.

Keep us posted and keep up the good work. I am curious as to the 4 door configuration on the tractor. Do you have more pics?
Dave08

rorybellows

you should just convert that fifth wheel to air. a plus would be you could plumb a diversion line to a big tank in the trailer for re airing up the heeps tires after wheeling

Preacherboy

Wow! That is cool, you need to come to Fenton for the show again this year and bring this awesome beast for us to look at first hand!

Just sweet, I bet it is much, much bigger first hand! Holy wow!

4x4e350

Outstanding job. does not appear that you will have problems when everything goes to He** in a handbasket.

Keep us posted and keep up the good work. I am curious as to the 4 door configuration on the tractor. Do you have more pics?
Dave08
Thank you! Here are a few pics of the 4 door conversion.

you should just convert that fifth wheel to air. a plus would be you could plumb a diversion line to a big tank in the trailer for re airing up the heeps tires after wheeling
I dont know, sounds like a lot more conversion than I really need to do. All 3 axles already have electric brakes. I already have tanks I'm going to add to the truck, for extra air capacity, I just haven't gotten around to that yet.

Wow! That is cool, you need to come to Fenton for the show again this year and bring this awesome beast for us to look at first hand!

Just sweet, I bet it is much, much bigger first hand! Holy wow!
Thanks. I will try and make it to your show again, myself my son, and my folks really enjoyed it, and you sent my Dad a flag, he really thought that was cool.:-D

Attachments

4x4e350

I know this isn't a MV, but I added all the support structure so I could tow it behind the 5 ton, and the frame could handle the stiff suspension. Tomorrow I'll add the hitch on the back of the 5er.

Attachments

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
make sure you show us how you set up the trailer brakes. I have a civy flatbed that i would like to be able to use behind my 5ton, and still have brakes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks