• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mill the head?

plym49

Hi, I've got a PE-95 genset with the GPW engine. The head gasket blew. While I have the head off to complete the repair, I was wondering if you can mill the head a bit to increase the compression.

I would not mind a slight increase in the CR. While I still want to run regular gas, I would hope that there would be a marginal improvement in fuel consumption.

Thanks.

axlr8

subbed....id like to know the answer to this also, i know i have had a few 2 strokes shaved abit.....dont know bout this engine....

plym49

Is there a reason for posting the same question in 2 forums ?
Yes. This is a GPW engine in a PE-95. This way the question is seen by the relevant audiences as I doubt that many individuals have both and, consequently, read both forums.

plym49

I measured the valve clearance and there was quite a bit even without adding in the thickness of the head gasket. I decided to cut the head .040, and this was completed the other day. Now I have to find time to put it back together. I suspect that I will need to set the timing ahead a little.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks