• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV Driving Underwater

niferous

I'm not sure what these guys were thinking but I'm betting they got into some trouble over this one. I did flood duty a lot in the Guard and when I first joined we were allowed to drive into standing water with a groud guide. Obviously these guys would even have been able to do that. Towards the end of my enlistment the idea of high water rescue in a truck was generally becoming frowned upon if not downright banned.

We did have some morons drive an empty M978 HEMTT fueler into high water once and that was not allowed because they would float! The thing wound up floating into someone's house!

Anyhow here is the video and I hope it hasn't been posted already. I did a search and couldn't find it.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC2felZpp64[/media]

Vintage iron

It must have been fun, but what dumb asses! Can hear him calling the Marines to bail them out. " Send in the Marines and have them bring bigger trucks" he said. NO! WE WILL BRING BOATS. HAHArofl

bullfrog1234

those trucks stop working as soon as the fuses get wet. The LMTV familiy is worthless for highwater rescue. they should just show up and off loac aluminum boat and paddles.

swampzr2

Did they think that they would rescue people in the truck??? The right tool for the right job makes all the difference. Why did they not come in a boat??

Stupid people raise our taxes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks