• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV Wheel O rings

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I work for a guy that uses these rims on trucks he sells. He said that was the size of the replacements he used.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Unless they crack, we re-use them. It also helps to use the "murphy's" tire lube to put them together.

3cavtanker

Part Number OR420A NSN 5331-01-389-6028 o-ring between wheel rim halves

ADVN CROSS-SECTIONAL HEIGHT 0.375 INCHES MINIMUM AND 0.405 INCHES MAXIMUM ADYT CENTER HOLE DIAMETER 18.930 INCHES MINIMUM AND 19.020 INCHES MAXIMUM CQFM HARDNESS RATING 60.0 SHORE DUROMETER A NOMINAL MATT MATERIAL RUBBER MDCL MATERIAL DOCUMENT AND CLASSIFICATION ASTM D2000 3BA625A14B13C12F19Z1Z2Z3 ASSN STD SINGLE MATERIAL RESPONSE

Kohburn

you can get a roll of o-ring stock from mcmaster and cut to length then seal the ends with vulcanizing rubber.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know it's a long shot but what type rubber are you recommending. Buna-n rubber, epdm rubber, neoprene, silicone, viton? Types from McMaster Carr.
The orange military ones are silicone. McMaster also will make it for you to size. Look in the spreadsheet here in my signature for a part number.

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The orange military ones are silicone. McMaster also will make it for you to size. Look in the spreadsheet here in my signature for a part number.
Okay great thanks and thank you for the parts sheet! I did look them up and I'm hoping to find a less expensive opinion. I do a bunch of work for a local plant and they have a joining iron/ o-ring kit. Looks like if I buy in bulk it will be under 5 bucks a piece. I'm probably going to get a roll and see what happens.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay great thanks and thank you for the parts sheet! I did look them up and I'm hoping to find a less expensive opinion. I do a bunch of work for a local plant and they have a joining iron/ o-ring kit. Looks like if I buy in bulk it will be under 5 bucks a piece. I'm probably going to get a roll and see what happens.
I'm not personally familiar with the end-joining kits/machines, but one for rubber o-rings probably is not the same for silicone o-rings. Silicone is heat resistant, and bonds chemically, not like rubber which vulcanizes. So just check that the kind you have will work.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You can run a rubber o ring over a silicone as the military did it to counter act leaks forming on tires when the temps drop below freezing. Luckily not a big south Carolina issue

At current the lead time on the or420a from haltec Is 8 weeks due to a large order by our government being filled

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks