• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Howard Hammonds

Hookin1

Okay guys eddie ran down there sunday....i hate to say this but buddy is scraping....eddie said just about everything is going...he has already scrapped a bunch of the trucks along the main road behind the shop.....eddie said he is clearing it out....and he is not being picky about what he is scrapping...eddie said it looks like he is grabbing whats close first.......i will be going down there next weekend so i will find out more.....

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just experienced this same scenario in Oklahoma, the collecter passes away and the collection goes to the scrapper.
If you have the time, go there, you may be able to get what you need for local scrap prices...a deuce for $400..
The scrap yard in Oklahoma City stopped taking the trucks whole, because of the "radiation" hazard from the dash instruments. The trucks were later cut up before brought to the yard....
Hammonds is in Greenville, KY.

http://imageevent.com/cranetruck/visittogreenvilleky

Attachments

jasonjc

I just read in the MV that Ottocraft is closeing and that if the stuff does sale it all going to scrap too. its in Tracy city TN 931-592-3602

colyork

It's too bad when this happens. If I had the cash I'd buy the whole operation and keep it going just for people like us who want to keep the trucks going. Big dream no money :(

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Who has the Number for down there? I'd hate to show up thinking that stuff is going for scrap prices and find out otherwise.

eddiec

unfortunately hookin is correct, buddy is hitting the scrapping idea very hard. although he is not picking out the actuasl scrap , he is just grabbing what is closest to him at the time. he has also scrapped out all of the generators. not to mention that all of the storage containers, 6x6x8 containers are empty. the real kicker is that he is not letting most go for scrapp price. still 2500 for a duece. sorry for the bad news.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you know who or which company buys the scrap, you may be able to but it from them at scrap prices.
Just a thought. Don't think they will take fuel tanks either.

eddiec

i was going to give that a try, but they are cutting them up at howards, and hauling off scrapp by the truckload, so they can haul more weight. then buddy pays them so much a pound for hauling.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks