• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this an F-3 or L-2 CCKW?

dogtags

Could you please take a moment, view these pictures and let me know if you think this is a F-3 or an L-2 airfield service truck.

All pictures can be viewed larger at Airfield Service GMC CCKW - a set on Flickr

My guess is that it is a L-2 due to the vessel between the cab and tank taking up space that could be used for the other 90 gallons.

Thank you for your time!

~Robert

PS - I will also be posting these on cckw.org and g503.com

Attachments

Last edited:

CatMan

Rob,

I think this truck is the F-3 750 Gallon Refueling type (F = Fuel). The sheet metal on the right side cabinet behind the cab is taller. The The 600 Gallon L-2 (L for Lube oil) version had a different set up on the right that was the same profile height on both sides of the truck. That's the only way I can see to tell them apart.

I can tell you more about the D-7 Cat that I was running in the field next to the CCKW's when you took these pictures.

Cat Man

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks