• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need instructions for retrofitting ABS to M923a2

Hi All,

I just bought an M923A2, and it came with ABS kit in the box. If somebody could point me to the directions (ideally a PDF or a TM or something along these lines) on how to install these I would greatly appreciate it. Due to complete lack of time, I will not be doing it myself, the plan is to have it installed by a professional truck shop. They are familiar with commercial truck ABS systems, but the military 5-ton is different.

Thanks in advance.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
None of the M939 series trucks came with ABS, and that included the A2 series. It was an MWO for all of the M939 series trucks. I had an M925A2 and an M932A2 that did not have ABS. I also have an M923 and an M929 that have it. Not sure what year the MWO came out and it probably varied when it was applied.

quickfarms

The abs is just a band aide for the piece of junk wedge brakes. You would be better off just converting to s cam brakes. You will end up spending the money if you ever have to do a brake job on the wedge brakes.

MtnSnow

To send a PM to a member.
Click on their name and then choose "Private Message" from the little box that will show up when you click on their name :)

jarhead1086

I would sure appreciate if this could get added to the 5 ton TM's. I have the full kit too and have been replacing my current ABS here and there but would like some more details. Please share.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would sure appreciate if this could get added to the 5 ton TM's. I have the full kit too and have been replacing my current ABS here and there but would like some more details. Please share.
Juha was kind enough to email them to me. I have tried repeatedly to upload the 6mb but it errors within seconds. I have tried from 2 different computers, isps etc and I have uploaded files larger to ss before....

Send me a pm with your email or Juha and either one of us can send it your way.

Fruck

I just saw this hope everything is going well if there's anything I can do let me know my truck is still in the shop Juha was a big help to me also thanks again

jarhead1086

Thanks for uploading and sending this to me earlier Juanprado. This is a very helpful document that we all will make good use of. I would have saved a lot of work replacing my wiring harness earlier if I would have had this. I have learned the hard way not to blindly duplicate what was done on this truck before. People that route wire and air lines in an A to B fashion without using the tie downs and proper strain relief are not likely going to read directions in a TM either.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks