• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have a flyable UH-1 in Louisiana???

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just saw on tv that they were using a UH-1 to help transport people to the hospital after the pane crash at the air show. It was at the air show and was called into service to transport the wounded.

vtdeucedriver

Just saw on tv that they were using a UH-1 to help transport people to the hospital after the pane crash at the air show. It was at the air show and was called into service to transport the wounded.
They were not called, they just fired it up and did it!![thumbzup] People like that IS what makes this country great!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
WM - when the Helo is going X air speed and the possum is running 10 mph - how far do you have to "lead" him ??
You don't have to lead them.....at the first sound of the whop, whop, whop of a Huey most possums play dead.

To quote a line from a famous Viet Nam war movie (who's title escapes me).....

Passenger in Huey, "How can you shoot innocent women and children?"

M60 door gunner "You don't lead them as much."

JAYHAWK 1962

Just a side note, if you want to shoot from a helicopter check this out on the internet. Helicopter hog hunt thats my way to spend a weekend.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a side note, if you want to shoot from a helicopter check this out on the internet. Helicopter hog hunt thats my way to spend a weekend.
I'm not sure. Somehow, if the chopper isn't a Huey and there's not a M-60 (or minigun) in the door it's just not the same. :twisted:

EZFEED

LOL! Well I don't have an M-60 but I do have a MG-42 and other beltfeds and would like a go at it at my place. I have a junk car and a 30 acre field just perfect for it :-D

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure. Somehow, if the chopper isn't a Huey and there's not a M-60 (or minigun) in the door it's just not the same. :twisted:
It may not be the same, but there is a LOT to be said for gunning a .50cal out the side of a CH-53........:p

Or off the rear ramp..

Cheers

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Will have some video of myne flying soon..Will post it in a couple weeks..UH-1E
Will have all the guns and rocket pods attached..
Testing the hydrolics sunday..Will test run it if it checks out ok..
kevin..in maryland. Near Tipton!@..Will check it out..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks