• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1963 studebaker 6x6

Can any one help i need info on a 63 studebaker duece gas or multifuel did they come with winch also were there any with a com shelter on back thank you Kenneth If anyone has a pic would love to see it

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yup they are good trucks some had winches some didnt it should say on the data plate tag if it originally came with a winch or not and yes they did have com shelters installed on the back although most trucks had a drop on S280 shelter for commo use installed at the depot level

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: 63 m35

Kenneth, its not a gasser. Being a 63 it could be the LDS 427 which I'm told had some reliablility issues. Could be the later LD465 but it has the horizontal exhaust. If you can get close, see it there is a starter switch on the flooor above the throttle pedal. If it has this its probably a 427.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: more

If the guy wants $1500 or less for that rig, snag it. It would be worth it even if you have to re-engine the beast with another block, like the LDT-465.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks