• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Chem Shelter pics

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I got one of the chemical shelter trailers back to my shop Thursday. I also got to do a lot closer check of the rest of them.
Only two of them have everything listed in the TM (one of them I have here). The rest are missing the door unit and other various pieces.
Most of what is missing was made of aluminum and I assume the crackheads stripped them to sell and buy dope with.
The data plate said manfacture date was 83 but the taillights are of the old style with the small glass lenses. The hour meter says 26 hours on the jenny.
Someone had asked for a whole one but if I have no takers in the next week I will start stripping this one down so I can get to the jenny.
I am going to take the usual precautions before I try to crank it.
Any interested parties can PM me or email wreckerman893@yahoo.com

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The landing gear does fold up. It does not have the crank feature that allows you to lower the ring onto the hitch. You have to muscle this one on and off.
I have the tools and technology to get them to work since they are probably frozen from not having been used for several years.
Rmgill......I would love to hang onto the two complete ones but I need to flip these to bank some cash for an upcomming GL auction (5-ton tractors). Maybe some well heeled collector will spot them.
A grand each....first come first served. Eight left in various states of completeness.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone got a pic of these all set up ? Are these like the inflatable medical shelters that have been used since Vietnam?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Two of these could be hauled on a "Hotshot" rig. That is a commercial dually pickup with a gooseneck trailer. They haul small loads and are always looking for back hauls. Check the truckstops in your area for load boards where loads are posted. I can check around here and see if there are any small operators that want to head up that way.
I'd love to turn these soon.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just keep looking for someone hauling through your area, it took me about two weeks but I am down to $1.63 on a guy deadheading back from the East coast.
James G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks