• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manual transmission in XM211 Hybrid ID Please

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All,
I am trying to id a transmission that was put on the GMC302 engine in my
XM211. This is a frankenstine settup to accomodate a M108 wrecker body.
I will try to attach photos to this post. The photos are being made with a $7.00
camera, so wish me luck.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bruce, is it a 4 speed? Measure the case length if you can. Looks a little like a Muncie SM420 but not conclusive.

JasonS

It is probably a clark 5 speed w/OD (same as CCKW). My M135 had one. I think that it was a common swap. Trouble is the low range is lost. I had a lever to engage the reverse overruning clutch in the transfer case. What does yours have?

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bassed on pictures I found on the web, it is not the Muncie 420.

The one characteristic that stands out is that on both sides there are pockets with
threaded bolt holes on either side of the pocket. If you were a giant, you could use the two pockets for hand holds when you removed the transmission. It looks like the pockets
were designed to mate with some kind of side mounts. If you look at the two surfaces on either
side of the stick housing, those are the tops of the pockets. See added pic.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks