• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Shelby 939 series trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Csm Davis

Well guys some may say I have gone to the dark side.. I am now working with govliquidation at Shelby to go through and fire up all off the trucks so they can be filmed. Good and bad is what's listed on these trucks IS what's wrong with them. Don't think that won't run is just bad battery, we are slaving all of them and if possible getting them to move, if the write up says something is bad it is and more maybe wrong. Biggest problem is going to be locked brakes, even on the trucks that run almost all have stuck shoes, we have tried caging them and rocking the trucks back and forth and most still are locked. That being said there are lots of great trucks for sale, but understand that the most will need to be hauled out.

M1075

Thanks for the valuable information. In addition to the ones currently listed for sale, how many more are you seeing in the pipeline?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Well guys some may say I have gone to the dark side.. I am now working with govliquidation at Shelby
Green Iron Pimp!!!!roflrofl

So what causes the brakes to lock up and how could you fix that?
In many cases it is moisture in the brake shoes reacting with the drums....they rust together and it can be a booger to get them separated. Usually you have to pull the tire/rim off and work on the slack adjusters (the 900 series has straight air brakes) to get them to release.

I would not buy one with the expectation of driving it off the lot.

Those trucks were awaiting rebuild and many of them have been sitting for a while.

I saw some up-armored ones in some pics from the last sale.....any chance any of them will go out the gate?????

Csm Davis

Oooo I am so scared

Gotta call a spade, a spade. At best, this thread is walking on the razor's edge.
Drgreg get a grip, and just to add fuel to the fire all cucv's, duece's, 800 series five tons, and 939 series have been ordered turned in and will be sold or otherwise disposed of, and before someone jumps my butt I know there's more to it than that.

Wm sorry brother the up armored aren't going to be sold, they will be bomb fodder, that sucks!

Drgreg get a grip, and just to add fuel to the fire all cucv's, duece's, 800 series five tons, and 939 series have been ordered turned in and will be sold or otherwise disposed of, and before someone jumps my butt I know there's more to it than that.

Wm sorry brother the up armored aren't going to be sold, they will be bomb fodder, that sucks!
So an inside guy posting about upcoming auctions is within the rules? Yes you left out the lot numbers, but for what good for this site? Did your information need to be posted? There is a rule about talking about upcoming auctions, I guess you missed that. Camp Shelby 939's, are they up armored? Who cares?
I got "a grip", any information on auctions could affect the bidders, or even who bids. That is why we have a rule.
My post said only that "at best you were walking the razor's edge", I still feel that way and it has nothing to do with having "a grip".
Please don't add fuel to a fire that needs no fuel.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
All of these trucks will not be auctioned off at once.....there will be several auctions over the next six months or so.

It is my understanding that the rule applies to active auctions.....not one weeks or more down the pike.

Jeff was just giving words to the wise about the vehicles in question.

I spent a lot of time at Shelby and at the rebuild site there.....I used to know several of the guys that work there. A lot of those trucks are sitting there for a reason........do you think they take the trucks with the most problems to rebuild first?????

No, they don't, they leave them on the back fourty and pick parts off them as they need to. At some point in time the truck either goes through rebuild and gets taken back to almost new condition or it is sold as "residue".

This series of trucks is no longer being rebuilt.....my guess is that they will go to the FMTV trucks now and maybe HEMMTs or HETT's.

Our felllow member is trying to helpl people make an informed decsion.

joeM62

Theres been alot of M900's on there. I've been making trips back and forth to GA to TN and have been seeing a good number them not being haul but being in convoys going to TN
along with the new Western Star truck and the Frieghtliner and Hemmits.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So an inside guy posting about upcoming auctions is within the rules? Yes you left out the lot numbers, but for what good for this site? Did your information need to be posted? There is a rule about talking about upcoming auctions, I guess you missed that. Camp Shelby 939's, are they up armored? Who cares?
I got "a grip", any information on auctions could affect the bidders, or even who bids. That is why we have a rule.
My post said only that "at best you were walking the razor's edge", I still feel that way and it has nothing to do with having "a grip".
Please don't add fuel to a fire that needs no fuel.
You are correct. It is against the rules to post about upcoming auctions. Period. Anyone doubting that should read the rules again and/or contact a moderator. I stopped posting about these things because guys get bent out of shape when you tell them they broke the rules. I am only responding here about this because people are suggesting that you are the one who is wrong.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GSA/eBay (including items for sale in buy-it-now formats)/local/city/state/Federal/estate auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.
• Do not post links to auction photos. GL/GSA links quit working after a short period of time so save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
• Do NOT post links to current eBay auctions or Craig's List ads that are not your own. You may post a link to your own auction/ad only if it is in an information/discussion thread about you vehicle/item. Do not start a post in the Conversations forum or your vehicle specific forum just to announce your auction/ad.
• No collusion as specified above.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Bruce.....not to split hairs but only one lot of these trucks have been posted on an upcoming event on an unnamed government surplus auction site.

The rest will be lotted and sold over a period of time. No specific info on any vehicle was offered.

No good deed goes unpunished.:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks