• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best US trailer for Pinz?

Mac53

Hey all,
looking to put a trailer on my 710. What would the best size trailer be? It could be a stake bed type, so long as I can throw crap on or in it.

Is a 101 the right size? Would a 105 be way too big?

Thanks!

Ressoldier

I would say the M101 A2 would be a good choice for you. Width= 73 inches A1, A2. 80 inches A3. I believe your Pinz is right at 70 inches wide so would not be to wide. Easily visible for backing and while they are pretty heavy at 1340 average weight empty and gross of 3200 loaded tow really nice. I am not sure of the tow rating of the Pinz so can't really say if it is within those specs. I hope this helps.

undysworld

Sorry I didn't notice this before. i run an M-416 Viet Nam era trailer. It works excellently, and I barely even notice it back there even fully loaded. I pulled a 101, but I think it's too big. I've got a 712, and with the higher gearing of a 710, I think you'd find the 101 pretty much of a challenge, loaded.

krick3tt

best trailer for pinz

I second the M416. I had a M416A and it was perfect for my 710M pinz. I had a roof top tent installed and it towed great. Somewhat difficult to back up as it can't be seen behind the pinz but, going forward was a snap. I had a 3/4 tonne Swiss trailer but loaded it was a bit heavy for the 710, sold it and went with the 416.

Wolf.Dose

The offical allowance stated by Steyer Daimler Puch is 1950 kg with inertia brake or 4299 lbs. The unbaked trailer is limited to 750 kg or 1650 lbs. If you exceed these weights the trailer coupler and the cross member is used over its design limits or the brakes will not fulfill the legal requirements. This is not my opinion, I have an official statement from Steyer Daimler Puch that sates these limits. So selesct the trailer within these limits!
Wolf

L1A1

I'd have to go with what others have posted on here with regard to an M416. Think that would be the "right size" for your vehicle.
Matt

Chief_919

I would say the 416 would likely be a better match, based on weight if you want good higway performance.

I am a bit biased, as I have one for sale here in NC....

saddamsnightmare

November 8th, 2011

Mac53:

Based on my Unimog S404.114's dislike for the US M105A2 from my deuce, I suspect the the M416 above would be better, as the Unimog is a much heavier truck then a Pinz.:grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks