• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

heater hose routing ?

5quarter

i just got a cab heater unit for the 715 and would like the know the hose routing ..
on the lower left of the waterpump housing there is a capped off inlet, would i come off this to the heater and then TEE into the hose coming out of the top of the waterpump housing that runs back to the intake manifold heater?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know about the 715 in particular, but the heater core should become a loop in the cooling system. The only thing you don't want to do is bypass the thermostat with this "loop".

EastCoastKaiser

When looking at the heater core. The hose closest to the firewall is the shorter of the two and goes to a 90 degree tube that goes into the cylinder head. The hose farthest from the firewall is the longer of the two and goes to the bypass on the water pump (the capped off port you refered to).

oilcan

When you tap into the head, make sure you use a pipe long enough to give the heater hose plenty of clearance from the exhaust manifold. Don't want to melt it and lose all of your coolant!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks