• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking to get M105 trailer from FT Riley Kansas to NY

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im considering bidding on a M105A2 trailer. Looks roadworthy from the pics. Im in no rush to get it, just need to get it off Ft Riley in a reasonable time after the auction, which ends in Mid NOV..... Anyone heading East in the next few months? Destination zipcode in 12542, but will drive to meet people....

CGarbee

What is so special about the tailer that you'd want to purchase one in Kansas instead of one closerto you??
They have been selling off a number of these at Bragg and LeJeune that have been in nice condition the last several months... If you are no hurry to get it, you could snag one in NC, then have one of us haul it up to Aberdeen next spring (or NoVA sooner if you convince me to haul it up one weekend and I swing by and visit familly...). Heck, buy one and use it as an excuse to drive down I95 to the "warmer south" when it starts getting cold up your way. :)
For that matter, I've seen some decent ones for sale recently in Richmond, VA...

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was interested it that one because it's a 1987, and will match the M35A2 In looking at buying, manufacturered in the same timeframe.. Yes, I know Im nuts...... My wife agrees....

CGarbee

Re: RE: Looking to get M105 trailer from FT Riley Kansas to

emmado22 said:
I was interested it that one because it's a 1987, and will match the M35A2 In looking at buying, manufacturered in the same timeframe.. Yes, I know Im nuts...... My wife agrees....

Well, you gotta be a little different to collect these things... and we understand since we do too...

CGarbee

Re: RE: Looking to get M105 trailer from FT Riley Kansas to

citizensoldier said:
There is a real nice one in NC on ebay right now. Buy it now price is$ 850 but who knows what the reserve is set at.

I know the seller... I suspect that if it does not sell on Ebay that he would entertain offers... and, he routinely goes to Aberdeen... Not sure if he visits this site often or not.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: Looking to get M105 trailer from FT Riley Kansas

I don't think that's nuts at all….in fact, I know a guy with a '67 M35A2 and a '67 M105A1……..

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

m.walker

Just be careful , just because if they say its an 87 doesn't mean it is . My friend bought an M127 that was stated as an 1987 but the tag was dirty and it was really a 1967 . The GL guy said " you mean you didn't come inspect it first ? " Buyer Beware !!!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Data plate and my research confirm it is a 1988. I've researched the contract #'s

jasonjc

I've got trailer from there befor but they sell cheaper on the east cost 2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks