• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

US Snowplow for Unimog S404.114?

saddamsnightmare

October 4th, 2011.

Has anyone figured out what civillian snow plow set up would work with a Swiss 1963 S404.114 Cargo Carrier? My truck has no hydraulics and a 24VDC electrical system, similar to just about all other stock S404.114's, and since I moved from Texas to the land of ice and snow in Illinois, I might just need a snowplow. The more modern Unimogs call for a 10' blade, and of coursde they do have hydraulics, the S404.114 were a little lighter in the front end, and the bolting points might be limited.
IF I am very lucky, perhaps I will get reposted to Texas or Florida as one winter here has pretty much finished me off and I am not looking forward to the one in 2011-2012! Otherwise, with my luck, I'll end up in Minnesota or somewhere else where the snow is deeper, the winters are colder and longer....that's just the way it goes, AND I am wondering if Minnesota is as hard on FMV's as Wisconsin?

:razz:

kerismo

I have been wondering just the same thing, but as my truck is far from ready i have not pushed the idea yet. There was one listed on one of the mog forums (i'll try and get back to you on that), and there is a mog guy in RI (offroad imports) who advertises that he sells plows as well. He prob has a favorite set up to use and my be of some help. Unimogs, Pinzgauers and Parts look under snow removal for his custom unimog info

Good luck and I'm subscribing so keep us posted..
Keri

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is an old thread but the 404 Unimogs are undoubtedly still going strong. And it still snows.

I have just acquired a snow plow setup for use on a 404 Unimog. I would be glad to take some pictures of the mounting system built to support this commercial plow, Curtis 2000, for anyone who wants to emulate it.

Please contact me by PM.

Bob

Last edited:

UNIMOG-GUY

Do you have any pics of it still on the MOG? I've never seen a snow plow on a 404. And now sitting here thinking about it I would want to have power steering for anything more than doing a driveway.

Last edited:

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi,

I should have elaborated. The snow plow was not 'mounted' on the 404, it was residing on the bed where it had been loaded for transport, all piled up. I layed it out on the ground in proper sequence to take pictures.

Steering could be an issue. However, after driving in deep snow many times, I do not recall steering on snow or ice taking much effort! Steering is easiest if the tires are the normal 10.5 x 20, and especially if chained up.

Here's an example of heavy snow in a 404: http://www.rockymountainmoggers.com/19991226.html

Check out the 'Trips' page on rockymountainmoggers for more snow photos. http://www.rockymountainmoggers.com/trips.html for more snow photos.

Bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks