• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDS Turbo Options

SixSpeed

Banned
Hey Guys,

I am building a truck with a LDS-465-1A motor, need some turbo advice. Truck is going to be used for hauling, I want to make sure I can hunt down a turbocharger that will work for this application. The LDS has a C-Turbo on it right now, while it might sound awesome, power is the main goal here. Does anyone have any specifications on the wastegated turbo that was found on LDS motors? Want to make sure I can get enough air through the motor to keep things cool, planning on turning up the fuel a little bit, as well as intercooling & water/meth injection.

Anyone know if these turbos has a flange that is similar to any other trucks? I don't need to limit my options to what came from the military.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Westech

CPL
Yes any large flange turbo will bolt up like a T7. If your looking for more CFM the "D" turbo will out flow a C and there are a ton of people who will trade your "C" for a "D".

SixSpeed

Banned
I'm looking for a wastegated turbo, I assume finding a factory LDS turbo will be difficult, hence why I figured I would ask about alternative turbocharger options. I would assume I might be able to find something newer/better/more efficient.

Josh

I think I know of a lds turbo here in the PNW. Pm Srodocker and get a gentlemans named Brad phone number. When we where at the PNW mini rally wsucouger and I stumbled across what we think is a LDS turbo.

cruzinz28

I actually found a turbo of an LDS-2 Engine not to long ago. I am told that it was installed in the XM757 8x8 trucks. I attached a picture of the turbo. This winter I will pulling the D Turbo off the LDS Engine in my truck intalling this turbo.

Attachments

cruzinz28

Early thoughts were that it was a LDS427 Turbo, but Crane truck verified via the part number on the Turbo that it is for the LDS-2 engine.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sweet, I bet you could PM Ken in Tx and he could find out the specs on it for you. Might be nice to see a boost/rpm curve for each turbo out there.

cruzinz28

Can you send me his scrceen name so I can pull the part number again tonight and send him a PM. I would love to see specifications on the turbo. Here are the 3 turbos that I found could have been on the LDS Motors:

Schwitzer P/N 4LE-354 FOR LDS-465-1A
Schwitzer P/N 4-456 FOR LDS-465-1

Schwitzer P/N 4LE-456 FOR LDS-465-2

Mine is the: Schwitzer P/N 4LE-456

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks