• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lift blocks?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have seen guys get beat up for having the smallest lift blocks on their front axle. What do you think about these?

Jeep | eBay

Yeah, I know about linking to ebay, but I don't care.

Bighurt

The deuce even when bobbed isn't prone to axle wrap so it's except-able...
I don't even use blocks in the rear, some peoples children.

MrM4

Its an off road, if something breaks no big deal. Winch it on the trailer and haul it home. I dont see it passing DOT inspection in most states though...... ;)

KsM715

As Long as he stays off road with it I dont care.........But I wouldn't ride with him. Even though that a slow truck, if he did manage to get it up to any sort of speed (open field drag racing) and things go wrong and he gets it turned sharp those block will fold over and cause the front end to dig in and roll the truck over on him self. ( I know all the stars would have to be in perfect alignment for all that to happen but still...............)

Blocks in the front have nothing to do with axle wrap, its the side loading in turns that spit them out.

bugei

i liked the 5.5 feet to the bottom of the bumper. i suspect that most states would not be happy with that.

that said heck yes i would ride in it. it's way cool

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It does look like there is some sort of stabilizer bar to help with side to side movement. I still don't know why anybody would do this though. It would be just about as easy to build a sub-frame under the frame (with plenty of bracing) and attach your springs to that.

kastein

It appears the seller is not familiar with common English punctuation.

Those lift stilts appear to be welded to the axle housing... as long as you trust his welding, it should be fine, though it will obviously wear the springs out prematurely.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks