• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adding an under wheel lift to a m936 or m816

coke29

I need to build a back-up wrecker with a under wheel lift and was wondering if anyone has added an under wheel lift on a m936 or m816. The truck won't be going long distances (mostly under 20 mile trips), so I'm not really worried about it being under power or slow. The main reason for choosing a military wrecker is for use on off road jobs.

I am open to a boom integrated wheel lift or a hyrdaulic under reach. If anyone was any pictures or information it would be greatly appreciated.

coke29

Only one I found on the internet

Here is one picture I found on tow 411, but the picture is small and low quality. On this truck they used the military boom and mounted it on another truck and added sides and tool boxes.

Attachments

KsM715

:ditto: Get a M818 with winch and add a 5th wheel towing device.

Cheaper, lighter, ans less complicated.

Edit: there are 5th wheel towing devices that have the underwheel/frame set up, not just a wrecker boom.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
there was a 816 on ebay about a year ago that had a rear under lift and rear hyd down jacks

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
good luck with insurance, it is ridiculous on tow trucks
When I had my money pit (M816) I had a farm policy with Progressive....when I told the agent what the M816 was she said if you tow anything with it, even your own stuff, and have an accident we will not pay the claim.......we will however sell you Commerical Tow Insurance at a price you can't afford.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to build a back-up wrecker with a under wheel lift and was wondering if anyone has added an under wheel lift on a m936 or m816. The truck won't be going long distances (mostly under 20 mile trips), so I'm not really worried about it being under power or slow. The main reason for choosing a military wrecker is for use on off road jobs.

I am open to a boom integrated wheel lift or a hyrdaulic under reach. If anyone was any pictures or information it would be greatly appreciated.

I hear it's possible to fab up a wheel lift to use with one of these units.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks