• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Find your local Veteran's Day Parade here - website link

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As you are probably aware - next Friday, November 10th, is Veteran's Day.

I was trying to find a local parade to attend, and I found this website:

http://www.vetfriends.com/Parades/index.cfm

Just select your state, it will show a listing of parades (and other events).

(Two points of notice:
1). Sometimes a screen opens that asks you to register with your name and address, just hit the "back" button on your browser and try again. not sure why that happens. you should not have to register to view the listings.

2). Some of the info seems as if it is not up to date. Some of the listings are for 2004, or 2005 etc. I would check with the contact info listed on each one to get the most current information.

I noticed that a lot of the parades are on Saturday and Sunday too, so no excuses -
No matter if you are a veteran or not, get your truck out and show support!!!!
[thumbzup]

FrankUSMC

Not to nit pick but...
November 10th is the Marine Corps Birthday
November the 11th is Veterans day...the ending of WWI, the 11th hour on the 11 day of the 11 month of 1918.
One of the few, Frank

6x6pinz

In Arizona the AMVCC (Arizona Military Vehicle Collector Club) is going to be at three Veterean's Day Parades. There is one on the 4th of November in Glendale, Az one on the 11th in Phoenix, Az also on the 11th there is one in Anthem, Az Plenty of opportunities to find one near the owners in the Phoenix area.

ojsdna744

FrankUSMC said:
Not to nit pick but...
November the 11th is Veterans day...the ending of WWI, the 11th hour on the 11 day of the 11 month of 1918.
One of the few, Frank
That's not nit-picking Frank, that's just fact. However, it's observed on the 10th and that's when most parades, ect. are. What a great website and suggestion!
:D

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
jasonjc said:
SIR YES SIR
:p rofl

Hey Jason, that wasn't an order, just a request. ( I guess I should not have used the BOLD text)

FrankUSMC said:
Not to nit pick but...
One of the few, Frank

ooops. I apologize. I just looked at the calendar, and it has Veteran's Day on the 10th. Must mean that is the "observed" day. Thank you sir for straightening me out.

ojsdna744

Anyone near the Flint Michigan area know of any local parades? The Lansing celebration this year is a 2-3 hr. speech/bagpipe dealy that sounds pretty cool. However, there's no call for my big rig there......anyone know of a decent option for me here in MI?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Won't be home for the Veterans day weekend, and same as bigmike, nothing close listed, but, I was in the Azusa, Golden Days parade, representing the Azusa VFW post 8070, and this weekend, will be in Baldwin Park with VFW for a parade..bigmike...sorry, wont be able to meet ya at the Militaria show at Pomona...the VFW calls! Unless were done b-4 it closes. Gimme a buzz.

Attachments

onto, citizen soldier and i may do just that! him in his M109 and me in the XM818W/W hooked to the M131A4. there having a couple of small ceremony's on Fri morning but i have to work. it bothers me that a day like this will go largely unnoticed by most people. not right. maybe we can get out there and make a little noise.

ojsdna744

My brother and I are moving quite a bit of stuff an hours drive on Friday, we'll be using my M35,M105 combo and his M715,M101 combo......we'll have our own parade!! (I gotta get some of those convoy signs one of these days!)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I posted a notice a while back about the Birmingham, AL Vets Day parade.
It is the oldest in the country and one of the largest.
My unit and our own 313th Army Band will be marching in this event Saturday.
It is loaded with vintage and modern military equipment. 8)
If you are within 200 miles it is well worth the drive to see the show and to meet the veterans of the conflicts our soldiers have participated in. [thumbzup]
I love to talk to the WWII vets and hear stories of what they did during that crucial time in our history. :D
If you can make it PM me and maybe we can meet up. I'll be the one in BDU's lugging a big video cam around.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WillWagner said:
Won't be home for the Veterans day weekend, and same as bigmike, nothing close listed, but, I was in the Azusa, Golden Days parade, representing the Azusa VFW post 8070, and this weekend, will be in Baldwin Park with VFW for a parade..bigmike...sorry, wont be able to meet ya at the Militaria show at Pomona...the VFW calls! Unless were done b-4 it closes. Gimme a buzz.
Will,

Nice pics. That looks like quite the clean deuce. Per our conversation, ya didn't miss anything at the show. talk to ya later.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the honor to "haul" a family of heros in the Veteran's Day parade in Cheviot, OH today. The group in the back consists of the "Neal" family. Father was in the army in WWII, and all six sons served in various branches of service as well.

Short video here: http://www.prototypetechnology.com/images/100_1907.mov
Thanks to Todd Haley (riding shotgun) and Dave from Indiana (deuce behind me).

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks