• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

B 29 Flight to Oshkosh

Heath_h49008

I got to get inside FiFi back in the 80's as a kid at the old High on Kalamazoo airshows. I love that bird.

They just re-engined her with r3350s out of the Skyraiders... the old engines were metal chewing monsters that liked to catch fire, but the later models had all the bugs worked out.

I hope to see her in person sometime. Thanks for the link!

Katahdin

Great video. Looks like they leak like a deuce! :)

I was always fascinated that the Soviets had the gall to reverse engineer the ones that were forced to land in the USSR. They even re-engineered the same engine fire problem.

Flyingvan911

I don't recall how much but the rides in FiFi are more expensive then other planes. It was here in Kansas City (actually Olathe) and I went to see it.

Lockheed used the 3350's in the Constellation and equipt them with a fire extinguishing system. I read it was the first plane to have an engine fire delibrately caused in flight to test the system. We have a L1049H (painted like a TWA G model) here. It is a beautiful plane.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks