• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Street Legal???

dodgemain

Hi,
First time checking out the Cadillac-Gage V100 part of the forum. These are some cool vehicles. Can these or Dragoon 300's be titled, insured, and driven on the streets? How do you guys have them titled?
Thanks

Last edited:

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Can these or Dragoon 300's be titled, insured, and driven on the streets? How do you guys have them titled?
Yes, historical registration was/is about $24/year in NY and requires a historical or antique insurance policy. You can also register a V-100 as a car or boat.

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Texas as a Preserved Military Vehicle, $10 a year.

Currently insured through State Farm, but I will be changing that. They have been reasonable on my other MV's, but have decided this one is a "tank" and jacked the premium way up. They said it was because of the weight.
I said "You realize that the M185 and the M813 both weigh more?"
"Yes, but they are trucks"
"So is this, its just a funny shape"
"Its a tank"
"No, tanks have tracks, this has wheels..."
"It looks like a tank..."
":roll:"

Cheers

B3.3T

No problem. I have titled 4 V-100s, two Foxes, two Ferrets, and a Saladin. As long as it is not over-sized like a BTR-60, wheeled armor is no problem.

L1A1

Detroit (MI) SWAT had/has a Dragoon 300 that they use all the time. if this is for a dept (got that impression) you may want to check with them on how they registered it.
Matt

wgtactical

what is the 1033 program?
The 1033 Program (formerly the 1208 Program) permits the Secretary of Defense to transfer, without charge, excess U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) personal property (supplies and equipment) to state and local law enforcement agencies (LEAs).​
The 1033 Program has allowed law enforcement agencies to acquire vehicles (land, air and sea), weapons, computer equipment, body armor, fingerprint equipment, night vision equipment, radios and televisions, first aid equipment, tents and sleeping bags, photographic equipment and more.​
Rules and Restrictions

• The requesting agency must be a government agency that has a primary function of enforcing laws and with officers who are compensated and have powers of arrest and apprehension.
  • The property must be drawn from existing DoD stocks.
  • The receiving agency is responsible for all costs associated with the property after it is transferred, as well as for all shipping or federal repossession costs.
  • The recipient must accept the property on an as-is, where-is basis.
  • All property is transferred on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • Property may not be sold, leased, rented, exchanged, bartered, used to secure a loan, used to supplement the agency's budget or stockpiled for possible future use.

CanonNinja

In Texas as a Preserved Military Vehicle, $10 a year.

Currently insured through State Farm, but I will be changing that. They have been reasonable on my other MV's, but have decided this one is a "tank" and jacked the premium way up. They said it was because of the weight.
I said "You realize that the M185 and the M813 both weigh more?"
"Yes, but they are trucks"
"So is this, its just a funny shape"
"Its a tank"
"No, tanks have tracks, this has wheels..."
"It looks like a tank..."
":roll:"

Cheers

definitely curious who you use. State Farm has been a nightmare so far for me, and all I'm trying to do is swap from my old policy on the A2 to the new A3... they're being **** difficult over the vehicle value of all things

wgtactical

Thanks for the reminder. But, that was one of the first things I asked them.
I know a lot of agencies are getting new Lenco vehicles with all the grant money that seems to be falling from the heavens, and are getting rid of their older stuff...some of it is being sold, and some is being turned back to DRMO. A friend of mine described a V150 that someone he knew just bought. Of course I said that it was probably a V100...then he said "it pretty much looks like yours except it has an extra vision block for the driver and more lug nuts on the wheels" he went on to describe the colors and markings on it. Anyway, let's just say that what the guy bought wasn't exactly for sale. As far as I know, neither the seller or the buyer is aware that there's a problem:confused: The turnover rates in these departments are usually responsible for the information regarding this type equipment being lost or forgotten. All I know is that they're not trying to pull a fast one, they simply don't know any different. Heck there's even a few that I've talked to who think they own the loaners they're using because ownership is assumed, based on the decals, lights and other improvements that "personalize" the vehicle.

DownRange762

A very late response I know, but in case others with the same question search this thread, I used Haggerty Ins., with no problems to insure my FV-721 Fox. Cost is less than $275 a year and includes limited towing.

swat435

If you have any questions about a Dragoon I may can help. I located one for my agency that was about to become great big target. We had to do a lot of work on it to restore it to operational condition. It's up and running good. It was acquired thru the 1033 program for $1,000.00.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also a very late response - insuring through Continental Western. Way more coverage at a fraction of what State Farm was charging.

Swat435, love to see some details of your Dragoon if you can do a thread (opsec taken into consideration).

Cheers

wgtactical

Also a very late response - insuring through Continental Western. Way more coverage at a fraction of what State Farm was charging.

Swat435, love to see some details of your Dragoon if you can do a thread (opsec taken into consideration).

Cheers
I had a great time finding insurance for my vehicle...everything seemed to be going fine until they got a photo of itrofl

Anyway Rory, here's the thread regarding the Dragoon http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?110658-AM301-Dragoon-APC-Help

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gerald, try Continental, they knew what my V was in advance and had no problems with it. My agent even said "It's not a tank, it has wheels!".

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks