• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First trip to Durhamtown

rjinga

I can't make it to the 2011 GA rally this week, so my youngest son and I went to Durhamtown Plantation for the first time this past Saturday. Two works - LOVED IT!

We did get off to a rough start though. Within 10 minutes of getting on the first trail we were up to the hubs in that red Georgia clay. However, that wasn't the problem. The problem was that whenever we tried to go forwards or backwards, we ended up sliding sideways toward the big pine tree.

So, with the driver's side of the M1009 "nestled" against the scrub brush around the pine tree, we climbed out the passenger door and my son flagged down a passing Jeep. I was kind of embarassed that a civi Jeep had to help us, but I did feel better when it took the Jeep two tries to get back over the clay hill and we just put it in 4 Low and crawled up and over.

FYI - CUCVs will fit on the ATV trails and they are fun to ride. (We didn't go on one on purpose, but the map and trail markings were so vague, and then it's one-way, so...)

Attachments

joeM62

From the past video clips some of the larger trucks past through narrow trails kinda
smoothly. It still would have been nice to take the duce to the rally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks