• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jerry can adapter

jrosbo

I bought an adapter to run my gensets off of jerry cans. Does anybody know how they work? I looked through all of my TM's but could not find any info on them. I think there may be a piece missing. There is a threaded hole in the top, there is no pick up tube, and the main line comming of the top has no place to hook a pickup tube to. This is going to sound stupid but it looks like you are to screw a tube into the hole that will reach the bottom of the tank and then flip the can upside down? with the tube acting as a vent. Anybody know? Thanks for any info.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you have a couple of pieces missing, mine has gas can top with a two piece pickup tube that screws together then screws into the bottom of the cap, the cap has a right angle fitting coming out of it to attach the gas line to the genset.
James G.

Jones

If your cap/adapter has two holes on the underside which are both threaded then it's for a diesel with a pick-up and a return. If one threaded hole then it's for gasoline. Ours vent through the adapter assembly. There should be one or two threaded holes on the outside of the adapter which are for fittings that the fuel line(s) to the engine, genset, welder, whatever attaches. The cans sit in a rack, upright, and are plumbed through a fuel filter and pump. The rack just sits beside whatever it's feeding at the moment.

cbvet

When we used them to run tent stoves, there was just a tube attached to the cap. We would then set the can upside down supported by some ammo crates & let it siphon.
Eric

jrosbo

adapter

There is only one threaded hole on the bottom. the other hole is deeper in the cap and runs out to the hose with the fitting in the end. The other hole comes in at an angel and is only threaded on the inside at the end but runs all the way through. The opening that the holes are in is funnel shaped and slopes in torwards the deeper hole. There is a handle on top that You use to crimp the center down tight. I know this sounds stupid but I think you have to turn the can upside down to use this one.

Jones

RE: adapter

Mike, I'll look around.
jrosbo, Yours may be the type for stoves and heaters and you're right, invert and let flow. The stove or heater has the control valve on it so gravity is used for delivery. There's a picture of a metal frame rack floating around with a jeep can sitting in it at about a 45 degree angle. THe set-up for running engines has the cans in an upright position and uses a pump for delivery.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks