• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 for sale

alphadeltaromeo

Just down the road from me is an M37 that is for sale. The individual is asking $1000.00 presently. I've attached some pictures for your review (sorry for the poor quality). If you would like more pictures or any additional information, I can certainly go ask for you or I can get the phone number so that you can have the freedom to call yourself. The number in the pics isn't too clear.

Andy

Attachments

Mark_Ellis

Andy,
Thanks for all your help with this truck. It is good to meet others close by that have like interests. I got the truck home safely and will be returning your trailer tomorrow after my son and I get it unloaded. Once again thanks for all your help and if you ever need mine... I owe you.

Hope you have a good weekend,

Mark

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to Steel Soldiers, Mark :beer:

There are a lot of us here in Georgia, hopefully we'll all get to meet you soon.

FrankUSMC

Mark
The M37 you have is a Marine truck. It has the "Paper Clips on the front bumper and the lifting brackets on the back (look at your tail lights). You did good.
One of the few, Frank

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad the M37 went to a good home.

The paperclips, I think, are just an improv way to get additional tie-down points and tow points as well.

Mark_Ellis

Hey Frank!

FrankUSMC said:
Mark
The M37 you have is a Marine truck. It has the "Paper Clips on the front bumper and the lifting brackets on the back (look at your tail lights). You did good.
One of the few, Frank
Frank, yes I am aware it is a Marine truck. I had been looking for the fittings to make my truck a Marine truck (since I am a Marine) and thought it would make a good beater for my 17yr old son. I hope to be able to spend time with him getting it running but will rob the bumper and rear lifting shackles for my truck.

Good to hear from you.

Mark

CGarbee

RE: Hey Frank!

Mark,
Great news, especially since I don't have to ship you my spare set of brackets... :) Also good to know that this one went to a good home (your son is going to have all his friends green with envy...).

Others:
The "paperclips" and rear lifting shackle relocation brackets are all standard on USMC M37's for use in slinging and tie down on ships... The Navy really hates it when things start to slide around...

Mark_Ellis

It's alive!!

Well... I hadn't had much time to mess with this truck but my son came over today and I put a set of plugs in it and put some tranny fluid in the cylinders.... motored it over till I got good oil pressure and then lit it off... the exhaust manifold is cracked right behind the bypass tube rubber hose so that will need fixing but with a gravity feed of fuel... it runs!! Needs lot's of TLC for sure but it is good to get it running.

Thanks Andy for posting about this truck... I hope to have some good times with my son working on it.

Mark

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: It

Mark, Sounds like a good day at your place! [thumbzup]

alphadeltaromeo

RE: It

You're not excited are you?

WOOHOO! Congrats Mark...can't wait to see pics of your son driving it. You'll need to start taking pics of the process so that you can keep us all better informed with visuals *wink*.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks