• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dessicant/Drying Agent

Opie

Thanks to moisture, the seafoam green of my van body is now trying to create an interior camouflage pattern with mildew.

I keep the truck too far from a power supply to use a dehumidifier. What other options are available to me?

Opie

Well, I can do part "A," and try the fan for the winter. I'm unfortunately parked in the woods and won't get any sunlight once the leaves go back on the trees again...

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was gonna say to try a bag of cat litter. You should maybe leave a vent cracked to prevent the condensation.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Can you leave the windows open a bit? I keep that little door above the driver's side front and one of the windows by the rear open and have no trouble.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm unfortunately parked in the woods and won't get any sunlight once the leaves go back on the trees again...

Got to keep these things in a field with plenty of sun if you want them to grow.
In Fl. it's real bad on anything left in the shade. Houses, trucks, boats the stuff will grow anywhere the sun and the days air do not flow freely.

I have mine in a big field and the morning moisture is gone by 10am if the sun comes out. They can not stay wet for long as it also hard on the metal.
They been in the sun for a long time and need to stay there.

Whiterabbit

House wash

Swing by Lowes or Home Dumpo and get some house wash with mildewcide/preventer in it and wash her down. If you repaint get a packet of mildew preventer added to your paint. Works great! Open 2 windows and get a chepo solar window fan they sell for car windows and throw it on there to knock down the moisture buildup and get some air moving. Worked on my 109 van/machine shop in the army. :-D

spentshell

Clean/ scrub the entire van with a good detergent then spray everything with peroxide. If you can set up a dehumidifier with some good fans for 3 days min and dry it out well. Then go get yourself a product called Microban and spray everything and let dry again. Put her back in her spot and keep it as dry as possible. You probably wont see mold for a few years after that.

Opie

Stuff is working TOO well. Every few days early on required a new bag of dessicant. I finally gave up and opened the windows again... Perhaps it will work more slowly over the winter with the leaves down and lower humidity...:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks