• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stock air ride

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
A few years ago a bunch of air ride chasis were sold out of Shelby.

They had M900 running gear under them but air suspension.

The Nat. Guard Sgt told me they were an experimental design but that the gooberment decided not to use it in the Refurb program.

Air ride would be awesome on a bobber or an M915.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A few years ago a bunch of air ride chasis were sold out of Shelby.

They had M900 running gear under them but air suspension.

The Nat. Guard Sgt told me they were an experimental design but that the gooberment decided not to use it in the Refurb program.

Air ride would be awesome on a bobber or an M915.
Hey Wreckerman, something like this.

Attachments

cidrich

I installed an air ride set up under mine out of a Freightliner truck.It rides great. I havent taken it off roading alot but I have had it out in the woods around my house and through all the ditches that I test my rock crawler in and it does great. I am getting ready to bob a friends deuce and my 5 ton with the same air ride. I think it flexes just as good or better than the stock stiff springs. The air height valve is located on the middle of the axle and as long as its at ride height it doesnt matter where the air bags are. Meaning while flexing one bag can be extended and the other one collasped.

Attachments

Bolkbich

The air ride on my 932a2 IS NOT as good off road. It doesnt articulate as far.... it rides better. A single axle setup would work as well if not better than a spring setup. but the stock leaf spring set up twists up like crazy. The air suspension picks the tires off the ground on uneven ground. Mine has wedge brakes, the one that sold on ebay had S cams......I like S cam brakes... much easier.

Attachments

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The air ride on my 932a2 IS NOT as good off road. It doesnt articulate as far.... it rides better. A single axle setup would work as well if not better than a spring setup. but the stock leaf spring set up twists up like crazy. The air suspension picks the tires off the ground on uneven ground. Mine has wedge brakes, the one that sold on ebay had S cams......I like S cam brakes... much easier.
Do the wheels lift because the shock absorbers limit the articulation? Maybe with some longer shocks it would do better.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like those trailing arms hang low witch would limit ground clearance as apposed to leaf spring set up that puts the springs on top of the axle. It would probably be better if we just add shocks absobers to smooth out the ride a bit.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks