• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unique military surplus.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Need new forum for "new" surplused vehicles.

They are vey unique. They are THE best kept horses in the US Army.. I had a buddy that was assigned to the Horse detachment of 1CD... The care the horses get is amazing.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's just wrong! GL is treating the horse like a piece of machinery. Donate it to underprivelidged kids or something. Sorry, just an opinion.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Watch it. Bid on that lot without screening it, and you might find out parts are missing when you pick it up...

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Multifuel in and fertilizer out. You really can't get more green then that. I agree with you WillWagner that I don't trust GL with these at all. I suspect that these are being sold from where they are which looks like a well maintained stable. These horses definatly deserve a government retirement package instead of this questionable sale. Anything from happy pastures to the glue factory.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Unique military surplus.

maddawg308 said:
Watch it. Bid on that lot without screening it, and you might find out parts are missing when you pick it up...
Geldings....missing parts....

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Condition code H7, "condemned/unserviceable", I agree, there is a better way to find a new home like donating them to a place where they are guaranteed a good "End use".

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Unique military surplus.

I was in the Cav too and they put on a great show in front of Division HQ each friday if you are in the area do not miss it. I love horses but I agree these might go to a hungry frenchman

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I forwarded this to Mr. Haney. His wife keeps a horse or two for pets.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor

As GL's contract with DOD is to maximize the return on taxpayer dollars - right, wrong, or otherwise, I suspect "donating" anything would be counter to the terms of the contract. It does seem out that no state agency screened these off - most of the parks around here include stables and horse rental.

My .02,
David Doyle

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor

As GL's contract with DOD is to maximize the return on taxpayer dollars - right, wrong, or otherwise, I suspect "donating" anything would be counter to the terms of the contract. It does seem odd that no state agency screened these off - most of the parks around here include stables and horse rental.

My .02,
David Doyle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks