• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Force two wheeler

Heath_h49008

What congress-critter's district is the Segway produced in? Those things cost more than golf carts, only carry one person, and make the user a laughing stock.

I call pork.

Pawnshop

That is the real issue here, the laughing stock part. YES the Segway increases the mobility of the individual user, and is much more maneuverable than a golf cart or a motorcycle, HOWEVER everybody that saw them ride by just laughed and pointed. There was absolutely no air of authority projected. A Segway can apparently strip all public perception of authority from an armed Airman, on an airbase with POLICE emblazoned on his uniform. The Airmen on foot with rifles did not have that problem, or the ones with dogs, or the ones on four wheelers racing down the perimeter roads...

Last edited:

quickfarms

Wait until the gyro goes out and the rider gets road rash or worse.

Around here you saw the PD's use them for a while but now they are using bikes, motorcycles and every now and then you see a three wheel version.

3dAngus

I think they're cool, and could be very useful. INitial perceptions generally have a tendency to change. I remember when I brough home my first PC. No one else in town had one. What would you use that for?

I also recall, myself, talking about a doctor who had one of the first cell phones.
"Why would anyone ever need a phone to talk when going down the road?"

They are highly manuverable and can one could cover a lot more territtory in a shorter period of time. Experienced riders needed.

armytruck63

I rode one at Disneyland. Not that hard, but would take some stick time to become an expert.

I too have noticed the police switching to the three wheelers and bicycles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks