• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FS Colour Reference Charts

Opie

Well, FS colors are just a standard which applies to models or their bigger brothers. If you look at their literature, some model builders are as detail oriented in their hobby as we are in ours.

Go here to type in a five digit FS color number to see an approximation on your computer: http://www.colorserver.net/ .

Here's a statement on the 24087 olive drab versus the 24084 which seems to reflect the older, "more green-less brown" 24087 color. http://www.ipmsusa.org/Links/FS595History.html
"FED-STD-595 Rev A Chg 7 - 1 Jan 84 (Acknowledged that 34087 is actually a different color than 14087/24087. The colors 14084 and 24084 replace 14087 and 24087; 34088 replaces 34087; 14087, 24087, and 34087 are deleted altogether. "

Jones

FS colors; here's what ya need.

This is the FS595b Color Fan Deck. It's available from GSA and has all the colors used by the fed. govt. from fluorescents for hazard marking to flats for camo... and everything in between. Mine cost me $75.00; not cheap, but it's invaluable when you're specifying a specific color for whatever project you're working on at the moment.

Attachments

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
RE: FS colors; here

PLEASE keep in mind that there are multiple editions of the FS595 - and more importantly, the colors assigned to various numbers are NOT the same between edition. The Semi Gloss OD many of us are fond of is a case in point. If you look at a paint spec dated from a specific year, then look at the FS595 chip applicable at the same time. If you look at a 1961 paint spec, and a FS595B, you may find the same number, but the color may be different (and in the case of semigloss OD - it WILL be different - very different.

Also, with regard to on-line color chips and charts, none of them are right for us. From my work with the publishing industry, I know that monitors must have the colors balanced and adjusted. This is done for the designers at Krause something like weekly. Skeptical? Walk through the computer department and notice the very different shades.

Best wishes,
David Doyle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks