• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got My Dropside today!...*Installed* pics added!

spicergear

Picked it up this morning using my wife's 4Runner and my dad's tandem axle 12 bed trailer he built. The dropside only stuck out about a foot per side...heh,heh. Got it home no problems. Started taking the bed off of 'Blue,' my CAT repowered deuce. Those damn long bolts with the spring at the front of the bed...my air gun wouldn't get them off. Ugh...had to crank them off with the 3/4" ratchet. The other larger bolts surprisingly came off pretty nicely. I backed it into the barn under the 1 ton chain hoist, hooked up my sling, and started pulling chain. I was actually standing IN the bed while it was being lifted off the truck by me running the chain through. Let me tell you...them beds are damn heavy. I shot over to a buddy's place and grabbed his trailer to let the original bed down on to then I could get it out of the barn. Then back in the dropside on it's trailer and hoist it up. It went back on the deuce and alignment went pretty good. I'll try and grab some pics tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks