• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

road trip to Howards

Hookin1

Okay it is now 0745 and i am fixing to head out the door to go to howards/buddy's......i have my list with me(from all of our wonderful people on this site)if any oone else needs me to look for something.....you can get ahold of mangus or dave p...some other people have my cell phone number too...since i am really not going to get anything but maybae big items that you can see easily,all my hunting will be for you guys....i am taking my camera so i will post pics when i return....i will also find out just how much has gone to the crusher......

Hookin1

Bjorn i have your rings :D you can chose between green or tan [thumbzup] .....

Rizzo what does the shaft look like?

I will be heading back down there in a week or so some of the stuff i bought i could'nt bring back in one trip :jumpin:

Also.....Buddy is only scrapping trucks that are gutted.......he is cleaning up around there.....for those of you that have been there you will know what i am talking about here...........when you go past the shop and take the first y to the right...you end up in the front corner where there are some military and civililan trucks along with a bunch of staorage trailers....to the east of these he has cleaned out the trees and brush to make a nice grassy area to put stuff.....he has already started stacking up cargo beds rear axel assembleys and other parts.....

He is scrapping the trucks that are cut in half....or have had all the good parts taking already.....as for the bridge trucks...most of them only have rear axels and the bridge bed on them so he will probably be scrapping them soon....so if any one wants the bridge truck bed you may want to make a trip down there,these trucks are nothing but the frame whats left of a cab..and rear axels,and the bridge truck bed...no engines trannys or pto's....i have posted pics in the photo gallery :mrgreen:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd really like to find a pair of those headlights as used on the "millenium deuce".. The regular headlights on the truck do not annoy people enough. Please post pictures of stuff there if you can! I was fouled by rain :(

Hookin1

Pics are posted under Howard Hammonds in the photo gallery.....i don't have many since i used up all of my memory on pics for mike :mrgreen: ...also forgot to check and make sure that all of the previous pics had been removed from the camera aua

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Lance! Let me know the charges and I'll mail you the money.
Green is good.

Rizzo, I really did look for your drive shaft while at Barstow, CA, the image below gives you an idea of the problem, not knowing what it looks like (and the pricing in general was not very reasonable).

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'd have to go Friday or Sunday. Sat night is my cousin's 21st. Now that I think about it, Friday is better. :)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does he have any -715 parts? I could use a few of the harder-to-find parts for my -725 resto.

PM me and let me know if he does/doesn't.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Mike, last time we were there, I saw 2 715s and no 725s. If I get a hall pas to go again I will let you know what we find.

To anyone going back to Howards or a member that has one:
I really need a M35A2 master cylinder top cap. If you have to, just grab the whole master cylinder (any condition) if time of of essence but all I need is the top cap. Let me know cost and I'll get money to you ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gary, I owe you anyway. PM me your address and one will be in the mail tomorrow, prority from FL.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks