• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin 07!!! lets get a move on it!!

Westech

CPL
Well kids here is the deal..... I talked it over with the owner of my shop and I can go this year!! but in cant be in the month of july. I know its early but I want this year to be BIG!! I want to get dates, places, ect down now so everyone has time to plan and save up for the trip. So...
#1) where do we want to have the rally??
#2) when do we want the rally (thinking later part of june)
#3) Who is going to bring the brats and beer?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
June can work for me! Just need enough notice to mark off my schedule for friday and monday. I may not have a vehicle again next year, but because I am selling it not because it is broke down. Haspin gets my vote again for next year. It is nice because it is pretty central, we can camp anywhere, have a fire, have adult bevs, the trails are as easy or as hard as you want (right gimpy?), it has a drag strip :D , and it is becoming a nice tradition. Speaking of Haspin, I still have all the extra t's from this year. We were holding out selling them because we are trying to get a SS Web Store running to sell t's and other fun stuff. If we can't get the store going soon, I'll just do it the old fashioned way. People that posted up in July will get priority. If there is enough interest, I can print more.

Gimp has the brats, so I'll bring plenty of beer.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe I can talk Jerry (JW4X4) into bringing the GP Medium tent for all y'all. Once again I can't make it for a number of reasons (excuses). I know you guys (and gals) will have a blast.
Carry On!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can we shoot for earlier in the year? Been darn hot both years when we went in July. Was thinking maybe middle of May or early June?

Dennis

Last edited:

Stan

FYI, MVPA convention June 28-30, Little Rock Ark. A weekend between events would be nice. I would like to shoot for both.So the earlier June would be better.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Jeff,
I might be your guy if I can't find the cash to get another vehicle between now and next year. By the way, did you ever post that video of the convoy? If you did, I missed it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You guys should have it closer to Atlanta-more towards the fall! rofl

Westech

CPL
ok so the date has been set. 8-10th haspin IN. so... get ready kids.. I will call the place when its closer to the time and set it up.

Hey Mods... is there a way we can get a sign up list to show who is going?? that would help alot with convoy's and such

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
steelsoldiers said:
Hey Jeff,
I might be your guy if I can't find the cash to get another vehicle between now and next year. By the way, did you ever post that video of the convoy? If you did, I missed it.
Chris, I noticed in the classified section that the mog and the goat were for sale. Hope it works out for you. We will definitely have to find something else for you to drive next year. . . . it's a sad day when THE founder of Steel Soldiers is MV-less. :(

Regarding the video; I regretfully have not posted any yet. :oops:
Stretch did a real good job of putting some up right after the event, and I didn't think I had much to add. I forgot about THE "convoy" shoot. I will promise to get it up soon. . . . have to dig out the video camera, transfer to computer, edit, add titles, credits,. . . . . . . . . .

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, Jeff, it does suck, but hopefully it will work out OK in the long run. The Goat project has been sold to a great guy from MI. Hopefully after he gets it done we can convince him to drag it down to Haspin for some fun :D

Hopefully I'll find the Mog a good home too. We should hopefully be in a better spot after the first of the year. Then, I'll have to enlist the help of all our members to find the perfect deal on a new SS staff car.

Thanks for putting the convoy vid together. I think that is definitely one to post!

I will mark my calendar for June WT! I'll see about a signup sheet for the Rally. I am looking forward to it already!

Chris

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks