• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Participants wanted for So Cal Parade

Steel Soldiers member Tony (he's the REO guy) just left my shop and is getting some banners and large badges for his truck made. He is asking for participants in a parade that he has helped organize the last 6 years. Parade will be in Camarillo California on Saturday December 9th. He has a good sized piece of property if someone wanted to come a day early and camp.Steaks on BBQ that night, hot shower in morning, and we can all meet at IHOP for pancake breakfast prior to lining up for parade.
Lineup is at 10am parade at noon. Then an area is set aside for static display if you are so inclined. All manner of militaria is welcomed. Working on brining in a gun truck with large cannon on trailer.
More info as it arrives to me.
Devin? Will? Big Mike? JDToumanian?

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Gotta work as usual and I dont think I will be getting it off since one of my co workers is already taking the day off. Some day I will be able to attend a function, someday...... :cry:

JDToumanian

I'd love to, it sounds like fun! That's one of the reasons I'm proud to have a deuce. However, mine is sort of in the middle of it's restoration. It's painted desert camo, and I've been sanding and primering little dots of rust and other rough spots in the paint in preparation for painting to OD 24087, which I expect to have done by February '07. I've also been sanding on the bumpers (I found 7 layers of paint and stencils going back to the original OD semi gloss... my findings will be the subject of an upcoming post).

That said, if they "need" additional vehicles and don't mind that mine is unrestored / desert camo, I could hit it with some rattle cans to make it a little more presentable... Otherwise I'll be ready for future events after February. I'd love to meet some of the So Cal deuce owners even if my truck isn't in the parade!

Regards,
Jon

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gary,

like Jon, mine is far from parade ready. Runs great, newly rebuilt axles as everyone knows, but paint is pretty sucky. Some parts tan, camo hood, tailgate and bumper. ugly rims. If all of this is ok, i'd say i'm in! Lemme know. BTW, i've got quite a bit of experience regarding the axle rebuilding so let me know if you have any questions.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gary, Just checked cause I thought there was a going on. My better 1/2 has her annual X-mas party that day. Sorry, gotta live with the misses, so gotta pass.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks