• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 cargo cover

N1265

Ok, so I am looking on E-bay at a cargo cover for a M1008 which should fit a M800 with slight modifications......

Does anybody know what the mods are ?

MVtrucker

All I could find for my M1008 was M800 covers, so I bought one and put it on. The main problems were in the curtain twist ties. The M1008 twists did not line up with the curtain slots on the front and rear panels, so I forced as many as I could on the front and lucky me had a M880 rear twist strip for the tailgate. I had to alter the lengths of the bows some. Slide them out and drilled new keeper pin holes.

N1265

I see, thanks for the info.

Where did you get your M880 cover and what did you have to give for it ? and was it NOS ?

MVtrucker

Front Line Military Vehicles: PHONE (717) 252-4489
$175.00 plus shipping, I think (been a while) for NOS solid green. I could be wrong on this price, so check first.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got some pages from a TB somewhere that addresses putting an M880 cover on an M1008. This practice was officially recommended by the Army as a money saver for units. It tells what you should mod to do it. I'll see if I can dig it out...

N1265

I also seen that one.... I just figured if the mod was no big deal I would just save myself the $75. and get the one for the M1008.

I will take a look at the above mentioned link before making up my mind.

Thanks

N1265

RE: Re: RE: M880 cargo cover

Thanks for the link, I read that a while back.....

Does anybody know if stuinnh was happy with the cover ?

Is he a member of this forum ?

N1265

Thanks for the offer, But now I am kinda looking for a new one.

where in Mi are you ? ( just in case I cant make anything happen with a nos )

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter

It looks like the "M880 cover on a M1008" Tech Article is up for those who wanted it.

N1265

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: M880 cargo cover

ok and thanks. I will keep that in mind if I ever get that far up north.

Do you have a web site for the Store ?

I never know what it is that I can't live without untill I see it :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks