• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5th Semi-Annual Texas Military Vehicle Rally

nofearnohope

We are invited once again to be a part of the Museum of the American GI here in College Station for their open house, which will take place the second weekend of Spring Break (March 16-18, 2012). We are confirmed with the BVORR for that weekend as well.

Due to issues with the last scheduled rally, if you sign up to attend this rally, there will be a $20 deposit to ensure all costs are covered and that the rally will go off without any problems, barring weather or other act of God. This $20 will go towards your portion of the fee for this weekend. It is fully refundable up to one month prior to the event. Once we are within a month, all deposits are no longer refundable. If the per person cost becomes less than $20, any extra will be refunded at the rally.

I am now taking suggestions on t-shirts, hats or something to distinguish us at the museum Open House.
I will also take any other suggestions at this time for anything else you would like to see done differently. If you do not make a suggestion at this time, please feel free to keep any complaining about the rally to yourself.

Awesome Possum

We are invited once again to be a part of the Museum of the American GI here in College Station for their open house, which will take place the second weekend of Spring Break (March 16-18, 2012). We are confirmed with the BVORR for that weekend as well.

Due to issues with the last scheduled rally, if you sign up to attend this rally, there will be a $20 deposit to ensure all costs are covered and that the rally will go off without any problems, barring weather or other act of God. This $20 will go towards your portion of the fee for this weekend. It is fully refundable up to one month prior to the event. Once we are within a month, all deposits are no longer refundable. If the per person cost becomes less than $20, any extra will be refunded at the rally.

I am now taking suggestions on t-shirts, hats or something to distinguish us at the museum Open House.
I will also take any other suggestions at this time for anything else you would like to see done differently. If you do not make a suggestion at this time, please feel free to keep any complaining about the rally to yourself.
Where do I send my deposit?

nofearnohope

I talked to the lady in charge of the open house and they are asking for as wide a variety of Vietnam era vehicles as possible, as well as any other Vietnam era gear, (uniforms, tents, anything to set up a camp). Please share any and all suggestions.
Also if anyone knows anyone with WWII era planes to do a possible flyover during the reenactment.

OL AG '89

I have some parts and pieces from uniforms 1980 till 2001. I can bring a couple of bags full. I am currently searching for some camo netting for the trucks for park under..... I can get the support systems, but having issues finding reasonably priced netting. Probably need 2 larges and several med nets to cover.
Another idea might be "prizes" for longest distance traveled or most people invited AND in attendance as part of our group (have to be "NEW" attendees). I'll donate a $50 gift card to the Longest distance...... I will use mapquest or gps distance to verify.....

I also hunt down and FIND the washer toss or bean bag game and bring with.

nofearnohope

(From your signature)Hi, Taylor. Welcome and pull up a chair and we will help you with your addiction. :)

The prizes idea sounds great. We can do prize donations or we can figure out the prizes and their cost and add it to the total for the rally. Suggestions or ideas on this?

Any gear you can find, will be great and we can start looking into getting more.

Thoughts on building up a Texas SS Rally fund to purchase some gear for use no matter who shows up or where the display needs to be set up?

nofearnohope

Was anyone attending this rally stationed in Vietnam? If so, where were you stationed? I'm researching different bases in Vietnam to try and get a feel for what all we need to set up an authentic "campsite" for the museum open house.

OL AG '89

Lincoln,
I was never in Vietnam (too young), but from Soldiers I visited in V.A. in Waco, conditions varied greatly. The ground pounders carried everything with them..... didn't need porta-potties back then, so not included, but I may have some pictures of typical forward camp from guys in 1st Cav. I lost a lot of "memories" in 2 floods we went through '94 & '98. I see if I can find anything.

AGGIEMARITIME

Howdy,
I just became the owner of an 83' M35A2 and a 87' M35A2 and two M105A2 trailers this past Friday. Count me in. I would really like to get involved in some reenactment team especially of the Vietnam war. Iv done some EOD (pyrotechnics) for airshows in the past and small WWII reenactments.

Anyhow, these trucks are kick a$$ and im looking forward to the weekend so i can cruise them around some more.

two.fiveM35

Howdy,
I just became the owner of an 83' M35A2 and a 87' M35A2 and two M105A2 trailers this past Friday. Count me in. I would really like to get involved in some reenactment team especially of the Vietnam war. Iv done some EOD (pyrotechnics) for airshows in the past and small WWII reenactments.

Anyhow, these trucks are kick a$$ and im looking forward to the weekend so i can cruise them around some more.
Welcome,I have to ask, "how did you end up with your own fleet at once?"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks