• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

North Carolina MV RALLY April 6th, 7th,& 8th 2012

kc4wd

Steel Soldiers North Carolina MV RALLY April 6th, 7th,& 8th 2012

Time for a big Steel Soldiers Rally in NC.
View attachment kevin[1].pdf
Everyone come on out and enjoy the weekend. Something for everyone. Bring those MV's, and/or parts for sale and participate.

This will be at Denton Farm Park.
farmpark

UPDATES: 1\13\12
Costs are as follows..........Bring your MV and get in FREE
Non MV Weekend pass.......$10 per person. Active and retired Military $5 (Same as a day pass) Come and go as much as you like.
Camping in the rough.....$10 per night There is a bathhouse.
Camping with water and power $25 per night
Dogs are allowed. Must be on a leash.
Food will be avalible for sale at the park (hot dogs, hamburgers etc) Or Bring your own. Plan for a convoy to get supper Sat. night in town.
There will be a Sunday morning service in the chappel in the park. Most likely at 0800.
Games are still free, Now with prizes.
Seminiars are still free.

Last edited:

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey kc4wd

Count me in. There is another N.C. rally at Uharrie N.F in late April / early May. Details will follow. I hope alot of people will show up ,these things are fun !

kc4wd

Thanks for all the replys. Spread the word to everyone you know. Jim has spent alot of money to make this happen.

Please print out the flyer and post everywhere you go.

Neil, I have heard of the one at Uwharrie and will be there as well.

.....after speaking with Neil, this will be combined with the Uwharrie Rally to make 1 large rally.

Last edited:

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have dates yet for the Uwharrie meet yet? I hear it's pretty scenic up there and I would love to make definite plans.

Last edited:

kc4wd

After speaking with Neil, this event will be combined with the Uwharrie event this year to make a large SS Rally. This is very close to Uwharrie if you still want to go there for offroading.

We are planning some MV games to play using your trucks to compete. Details coming soon.

I will have more details on events and such in a few more days.

This will be at Denton Farm Park.
farmpark

Last edited:

100acre

WHOO PIE ! I love Denton Farm Park that is where the Threshers Reunion is every year around the 4th of july. Steam engines galore. They have a steam locomotive that tours the park , a HUMONGOUS cotton gin and all kinds of wonderful displays of early American steam and early engine technology, as well as turn of the last century, (large as life) agricultural displays . A great place to bring the kids and grandkids. I believe they are pet friendly as well. I am sooo excited. Also right around the corner is Delk's military surplus where they have lots of MV related items. North Carolina Zoo is close at hand and near to Asheboro.:smile: and one of my bestest friends.

AMGeneral

I guess I will throw my hat in the ring so to speak,dunno what I will bring yet,probably something Mack powered.

Who knows,I may have the dump fixed by then.

michigandon

I'm deinitely going to try and make it. I'm afraid I'll probably still be truckless, but I'm working on that.

What was I thinking all this time that Uwarrie was further away than it actually is? :oops:

IROC99

This sounds great! I am trying to organize a group from here in South Carolina's Pee Dee area ( thats Florence, Myrtle Bch, Chas. etc.) to come this year. We were at the Uwharrie Rally last year, and like that location also. Where is this farm? How far from Uwharrie, etc.?
What will the costs be?
The only complaint I am hearing is why Passover weekend?

kc4wd

Probably won't make this one, Easter weekend. Christ comes first!
I understand that! Maybe a stop in Friday or saturday?

Why Easter weekend.......

Here is our thoughts, #1 That is the only weekend the Farm Park had available
and #2 The organizers are off that Friday and we thought that more people would be also, which makes this a great weekend to have it. Come Thursday evening and stay till Sunday without using a vacation day from work. We had several to tell us this works well for them. It is also a bad thing, some will not show because its Easter weekend and we have heard that also. I don't think we could pick a weekend that works for everyone. Hope everyone can make it out at least one day if not all weekend.

Ever used your MV for events? Come out for the MV Games. We are trying something new to keep you interested during the days. I hope these will be free and we will have prizes for the winners. (These games will not hurt your MV's (unless your Gimpyrobb)and will be played on a one by one basis, NO high speed, mud, rocks, etc.....Safety is key here)
Will be several classes. Deuce/5 tons, CUCV/HMMWV.
I will not say what these games are or how there played until we get started, although some will require soldier B in the passenger seat.

Also how about a siminar or two for the Deuce guys? I will set up and show how all this is done. 12v alt install? Set up a deuce with a plug to use a civilian trailer with 12v lights using relays? Set up a 12v trailer brake control? Set up a remote brake reservoir?

Convoy to Asheboro (20 minutes away) Sat. evening for a meal?

Anyone interested in this stuff?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks